Charles Lewis, known as C.L., moved to Creston in about 1884 and soon was followed by his brother Frank and, in later years, his father, the Rev. Philip Buck, and stepmother, Margaret. The town of Creston was named by the Buck family for Creston, Iowa, their hometown. The first post office was in the early 1890's and was in the present Phil Buck residence. In 1890 Bland built the Creston general Store. In 1892 Philip S Buck, missionary and pastor, came to Columbia Falls to join his sons, Charles, Elmer and Frank. He established the Creston Chapel- nondenominational, using the spring on his place for baptismal services.